iPhone 3.1 Software Update Features [u]
Version 3.1 of the iPhone software is now available for free download.
This version adds the following bug fixes and new features:
- Genius recommendations for Apps
- iTunes 9 support – genius mixes, organize your iPhone apps using iTunes on your computer, more syncing options
- More iTunes account control – redeeming gift cards and displaying available credits.
- Browse, buy and download ringtones.
- More save options when working with video clips
- Voice Control over Bluetooth headsets
- Past phone numbers into the keypad
- Anti-phising warnings in Safari
- Improved Exchange syncing
Voice Control over Bluetooth is a welcome addition if you use a bluetooth headset while driving (like we all have to in California.)
Ring tones are $1.29. A 29 cent premium to not have to cut the track ourselves, not too bad.
The update is a 300MB download and is for all iPhones.
Connect your iPhone to iTunes, select your iPhone in the devices list and click “check for updates.”
[UPDATED] We recommend installing iTunes 9 first, and then installing 3.1. Total install time seems to be faster in that order.